- Graduated from Nagoya University (Bachelor of Engineering).
- Completed her master’s course at the Nagoya University (Master of Engineering).
- Worked as an instrumentation engineer for systems for monitoring and controlling plants, mainly petroleum and chemical plants for overseas operations, at Yamatake-Honeywell Co., Ltd. (presently Azbil Corporation). Then transferred to Department of Intellectual Properties, and engaged in intellectual property business including applications for patents and design rights, surveys, discovery of inventions, and intellectual property trainings.
- Engaged in patent examination mainly in the field of man-machine-interface, such as touch panels, tablets and GUI, at the Japan Patent Office.
- Engaged in services such as applications for patents, intermediate processing, surveys (infringement search and invalid search) and invention consultations at two patent offices.
- Established Ichigo Patent Office.
- Appointed to Partner when the Miyazaki Office was opened.
I am good at applications for patents, intermediate processing, surveys and discovery of inventions in the fields of electrical information (computers, interfaces and controlling systems) and machine/production facilities. Having engaged in patent examination at the Japan Patent Office, I am familiarized with the actual situations of examination, so I can efficiently conduct various surveys and help acquisition of patents. In addition, having worked as an engineer and engaged in intellectual property service at private companies, I can understand technology correctly and discover inventions effectively. I also serve as a consultant at the free-of-charge patent consultation sessions offered by the Patent Attorneys Association. I have handled many trademark-related cases.
- Teruyo KUME, “The Transition from Fixed-Term Patent Examiner to Patent Attorney “My Chronicle” “, Patent, Japan Patent Attorneys Association, December 2011, Vol.64, No.15, Pages 36-44
- “Round-Table Discussion on “Fixed-Term Patent Examiners” “, Patent, Japan Patent Attorneys Association, December 2011, Vol.64, No.15, Pages 10-28
- Teruyo KUME, “Powder and Automatic Control”, Powder Science & Engineering, The Association of Powder Process Industry and Engineering, JAPAN, June 1997, Vol.29, No.6, Page 19
- T.Morisue, T.Yajima, T.Kume, S.Fujimori, 「Analysis of Electromagnetic Force for Shaping the Free Surface of a Molten Metal in a Cold Crucible」, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS, March 1993, Vol.29, No.2, p.1561-1565