Affiliation: Minatomirai office
Patent attorney, J.D., Ex-examiner of the JPO
- Graduated from Hokkaido University (Bachelor of Engineering).
- Completed his master’s course at the Daito Bunka University Law School (Juris Doctor).
- Engaged in research and development of the CAD system, groupware, project management system etc. at the Kozo Keikaku Engineering, Inc.
- Engaged in patent examination of inventions relating to computer software in various business areas at the Japan Patent Office.
- Engaged in tasks including acquisition of rights, surveys, education, business support, counseling and litigation support in connection with intellectual properties at the Hibiki IP Law Firm.
- Joined the Ichigo Patent Office as a partner.
- Software-related patents:
Simulation, artificial intelligence, robot control, wireless and wired communications, network control, financial, e-commerce, business-related systems (health care, infrastructure, manufacturing, construction, transportation, service industry etc.), management-related systems (prediction, optimization, resource management, logistics, other office automation), CAD, smart phone applications, etc.
- Hardware-related patents:
Touch panel display, MEMS display, hard disk, memory, processor, various microcomputer and the controller, portable communication terminal, radio base station, router, household appliances, etc.
Prior art search before application, infringement search, invalid search, and market research before entry into new markets
- Intellectual property education:
Lectures at internal and open seminars (how to plan and write patent specifications and invention proposals, how to respond intermediate processing)
- Support for intellectual property business:
Support for establishment of patent strategies and for creation of rights through active participation in projects, supply of second opinions in connection with intermediate processing, etc.
Advice on acquisition and utilization of intellectual property rights
- Copyright and unfair competition cases:
Response to cases relating to software-related infringement of copyrights (in collaboration with lawyers)
- Satoshi AIZAWA, Reiko ITO, Takashi SAKU, Susumu SASAKI, Noriyuki TAKAHASHI, “Preservation of suppliers’ technical foundation in manufacturing supply chains: How to survive the commoditization of technology”, Tokugikon, Tokugikon (Patent Office Society), November 2013, No.271, Pages 102-112.
- Satoshi AIZAWA, “A Fixed-Term Examiner’s Day-to-Day Work”, Patent, Japan Patent Attorneys Association, December 2011, Vol.64, No.15, Pages 45-50.
- “Round-Table Discussion on “Fixed-Term Patent Examiners” “, Patent, Japan Patent Attorneys Association, December 2011, Vol.64, No.15, Pages 10-28.
- Takayori TAKAMOTO, Chikashi YOSHIDA, Ryusuke MIZUNO, Kensuke KODAMA, Satoshi AIZAWA, Hideo ITAJIKI, Shuzo FURUSAKA, Takashi KANETA, “DEVELOPMENT OF PM-SUPPORTING SYSTEM FOR JAPANESE BUILDING CONSTRUCTION MARKET”, AIJ Journal of Technology and Design, Architectural Institute of Japan, December 2003, No.18, Pages 387-392.